Hello my ana’s,
So recently I’ve had a couple of emails from people asking what to do if their friends or family take them to a restaurant, so I thought I would share some of my rules with you. Hope it helps!
- Drink a glass of water before going.
- If really hungry have some tea, or even veggies beforehand.
- If at a restaurant drink at least a full glass of water before the food comes.
- Take a sip in between each bite.
- Eat slowly.
- Sabotage food with too much salt, etc.
- Try eating with opposite hand (if right handed use left hand and vise versa)
- To avoid temptation, don’t even look at the section of the menu with the fattening foods. Out of sight, out of mind, out of body.
- Stick to ordering items including the words ‘ baked’ ‘broiled’ and ‘steamed’.
- Always order sauces on the side
- Dip the tines of your fork into the dressing then into meal, so you can still taste the sauce but with a fraction of the calories.
- Eat half and pack it up
- Start with soup or side salad to fill you.
- Eat in the order of veggies first, protein next, carbs last.
- Have salad with only negative calories vegetables.
- Try not to be the first to start or last to finish.
- Aim to drink at least 3 glasses of water during the meal.
- Put your utensils down between each bite.
- Talk a lot so you spend more time speaking than eating.
- Look up the nutritional info online before going to the restaurant so you can decide before hand what you want.
- Ask for lunch size portion or children’s size.
- Say ‘No thank you’ to dessert.